Rockhampton City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An opportunity exists for an experienced Civil Supervisor to join our team and be part of an iconic and rewarding project. This is a site-based role working a 14/7 roster.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Supervision of road works, earth works and construction works;
- Ensuring compliance with safety systems and procedures;
- Executing Construction Management Plans;
- Quality assurance and compliance checking against Main Roads Technical Specifications (MRTS);
- Issuing site instruction and other contractor management tools;
- Overseeing contractor mobilization and demobilization;
- Participation in quality, safety and environmental audits in conjunction with Adani project resources;
- Measuring and reporting the contractor’s compliance against the project schedule and their management plans, relevant codes, acts and regulations;
- Communicating effectively with all project stakeholders;
- Conduct meetings, toolbox talks and similar as required;
- Ensuring compliance with Cultural Heritage Management Plans;
- Ensuring contractors compliance with Permits to Disturb; and
- Managing interfaces with other contract works and Adani resources.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes, and align with Adani’s values of courage, trust and commitment to high standards.
- 10 Years’ experience in civil construction supervision
- Demonstrated capabilities in construction contract management
- A clear understanding of current Australian Standards, building codes, Acts and regulations.
- Experience with and understanding of DTMR MRTS and Routine Maintenance Guidelines
- Exceptional knowledge of health, safety and quality industry practices
- Construction industry White Card
- Coal Board medical
- Generic Coal Industry Standard 11 induction,
- Coal industry Supervisors RII Qualification (S123)
- Risk management RII Qualification (G2)
- Qualifications in construction supervision or management
- Qualifications in heavy machinery operations
- Queensland construction and or coal industry experience is considered beneficial
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: