ESTA is the critical link between the Victorian community and the state's emergency services agencies and it partners with the agencies to improve service delivery to the community. It provides Victoria's 24-hour emergency call-taking and dispatch services for police, fire, ambulance and VICSES and manages the provision of advanced, operational communications for police, ambulance, fire services and the SES. Its vision is to be a high-performing team trusted by the community and our partners to deliver the right emergency response. And its central goal is to save lives and prevent harm through speed and accuracy in emergency operations.
ESTA is currently implementing its Integrated Strategic Plan (ISP2023) setting ESTA's strategic direction, including a technology uplift and enablement.
About the role
This is an exciting time to join Information Technology Services (ITS) within ESTA. We launch our new information technology operating model to best meet the needs of ESTA and our stakeholders from July 2019 and your vision, experience and contribution as a senior member of the ITS team will be paramount to the success of ESTA now and into the future.
The Manager Delivery will lead the Build and Grow Team within ITS and report directly to the CIO. You will be part of the overall leadership team within ITS and will be expected to motivate and develop your team towards the goal of operational excellence in a critical community service environment.
The variety and challenge in this role will come from the following duties:
- Prioritising all work while liaising with stakeholders to manage expectations on timelines
- Ensuring all SDLC and test framework tasks are completed efficient and seek opportunity for improvement where required
- Successfully transition and grow services from business initiatives into the team
- Manage vendors and third parties to ensure they are compliant to the required standards and service level agreements
- Complete reporting against agreed key performance indicators
- Managing yearly budget, whilst not comprising on delivery of services
- Provide ongoing development and leadership of the IT Delivery team
- Planning and oversee implementation of new IT assets into service
As part of the ITS team, you may be required to travel or transfer between your primary work location and other ESTA sites to effectively carry out your duties.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Operations Manager with strong leadership skills, especially within a business transformation environment. We are looking at implementing an ICT capability uplift, with this role being central to that outcome You have confident interpersonal skills with the ability to influence your colleagues and teams to change established processes and drive improvements forward within ITS.
You will have demonstrated experience within an IT Manager role and working knowledge of SDLC methodologies and processes. We would also expect you to demonstrate your understanding in applying ITIL principles from previous roles or education.
Please review the job description and criteria for further details before submitting your application.
What we can offer you
- A job that's challenging and exciting
- An opportunity to develop and grow a high performing team
- A role that makes a vital contribution to the Victorian community through a high-performance workforce
- Belong to a connected and highly supportive team
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Flexible working arrangements to work around our business needs and your lifestyle
How to Apply
Applicants should prepare a statement outlining their expression of interest and a current resume displaying relevant experience. This statement should outline why you are interested in the role, as well as addressing the selection criteria outlined in the position description.
Click the 'apply' button to be taken to ESTA's online application portal.
Applications will close at midnight on Sunday 28th of April 2019.