Tasmanian Government - Launceston, TAS
Tasmanian Health Service Tasmanian Hlth Service - Northern Region Mental Health North Applications must be submitted by Sunday 15 September, 2019 11:55 PM Position details Applications close: Sunday 15 September, 2019 11:55 PM AEST Award/Classification: Specialist Med Pract Lvl 1 Employment Type: Part Time Region: North Location: 52 Frankland St, Launceston The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services. Hours/Period of Appointment Permanent, part time, day worker with on call, working 38 hours per fortnight to commence as soon as possible. Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant. Salary
Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1- Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 3 $152,181 - $231,316 per annum, pro rata plus superannuation, allowances and access to salary packaging. Please note that access to the Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner salary range $219,141 -$231,316 is subject to the successful applicant satisfying the criteria for Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1, 2 or 3 as described in the Salaried Medical Practitioners (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2017. Duties
As part of a multidisciplinary mental health service delivering high quality mental health care and, in accordance with Mental Health Service principles, National Mental Health Standards, Agency policy, legal requirements and relevant professional competencies, the Psychiatrist:
- Provides a comprehensive general adult inpatient and community psychiatric service in the northern region of Tasmania.
- Acts as a consultant to mental health professionals and health service providers, including general practitioners and other agencies, with regard to the assessment and management of individuals with mental health disorders.
- Undertakes supervisory responsibilities with Psychiatric Registrars and other medical staff as required/appropriate.
Location: Launceston General Hospital We can offer:
Attractive Salary Package, including On Call Allowance and Call Back, and election to participate in the Private Patient Plan Negotiable salary including superannuation and access to salary packaging Relocation and accommodation assistance Commitment to ongoing professional development, including conference and sabbatical leave, in additional to annual leave entitlements Flexible work/life balance Dynamic team environment Essential Requirements
- Specialist or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia in a relevant specialty.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence b) Sex Related Offences c) Serious Drug Offences d) Crimes involving dishonesty 2. Identification check 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check. Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents